If you’re keen to avoid processed sugar, but you still want and love a delicious cake, then you have to try this deliciously moist gluten-free Vegan Banana Cake. Quick and easy it’s soft, super tasty with lots of nuts for extra crunch!
VEGAN BANANA CAKE
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Baking
Cuisine: South African
If you're keen to avoid processed sugar, but you still want cake, then you have to try this deliciously moist gluten-free Banana Cake. Quick and easy it's soft, super tasty with lots of nuts for extra crunch!
- 3 Ripe Bananas 2 Mashed and 1 Sliced for Decorating
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbles Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Flax Eggs
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Coconut Cream
- ½ Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Spray a 16cm round loose bottom cake tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, bicarb and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine the mashed banana, flax eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix the coconut oil, vanilla extract, flax eggs, honey and coconut cream together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until a batter is formed. Lastly, fold in the chopped walnuts — reserving some to sprinkle over the top.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tin.
- Decorate with the sliced banana and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When done remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Slice and enjoy!
To make flax eggs, combine 3 Tbles ground flax seed + 9 Tbles water. Allow to thicken for a few minutes and add into your batter in place of eggs.