Tandoori masala is used extensively in tandoori chicken.
I marinate skinless drumsticks and thighs overnight in a mixture of tandoori masala,ginger and garlic,lemon juice and greek yoghurt.
Traditionally cooked in a tandoor oven it can also be cook in a conventional oven over high heat.
- 8 chicken pieces of your choice with or without skin
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbles ginger and garlic paste
- 6 tbles tandoori masala (from your favourite spice shop)
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- Hint of red food colouring
- Salt to taste
- Make 3-4 cuts in each piece of chicken using a knife.
- In a bowl mix the chicken with the rest of the ingredients.
- Rub mixture into the incisions and cover.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roast in an oven tray lined with foil for approx 40-45 mins.
- During the last 5 mins of cooking pop under the grill in order for the chicken to get slightly browned.
- The chicken should be tender and most of the marinade should be evaporated.