This easy to make fresh summer fruit salad recipe not only looks appetizing and refreshing, but it is delicious and makes a healthy dessert especially with all the delicious range of summer fruits available in South Africa.
For best results only use fresh fruit, and not frozen in this fruit salad. Frozen fruit is mushy once thawed and watery and not very appetising in a fruit salad. Any fresh fruit will work but use a blend to add a variety of flavour and eye-catching colour. Summer fruit salad packed with juicy, ripe and colourful fruit dressed in a zingy lime-mint dressing. It is the perfect refreshing dessert for any special occasion
- 250g Cherries
- 250gr Strawberries, Halved
- 125g Blueberries
- 250 Gr Pineapple Cubed
- 1 Medium Sized Mango Cubed
- 1 Cup of Seedless Red Grapes
- 1 Tbles Lime Juice
- 3 Tbles Honey
- 3 Tbles Mint, Chopped plus some for decorating
- ½ Cup Cranberry Juice
- Combine all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Add the lime juice, honey and chopped mint to the cranberry juice and stir. Pour over the fruit gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with the extra fresh mint. Taste and add more lemon juice or honey if necessary (the syrup should have a perfect balance of tart and sweet).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavours develop.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve in shallow bowls with spoons.