Perfect for the cold winter months this simple spicy creamy soup will bring warmth to your soul!
Spicy Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 tblesbutter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 600 gr pumpkin cubed
- 1 400gr can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400gr can chick peas (save 4 tbles for garnishing)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5-6 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add pumpkin, tomatoes,chick peas,salt , spices and water to the pot.
- Stir well.
- Bring ingredients to boil.
- Reduce temperature, cover partially, and allow to simmer for 25- 30 minutes or until tender.
- Puree the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir through the whole chick peas and warm through
- Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds & fresh chives.
Serve with crusty bread
Please follow and like us: