Ground beef has got to be one of South Africa’s most popular ingredients and we’ve all got some in our freezer! It’s versatile, it’s inexpensive and you can make some seriously delicious dinners!
Green beans are a healthy addition to almost any eating plan because of their low calorie and fat contents so together they make an absolutely delicious quick and easy meal.
This ground beef and green beans stir fry is a super easy dinner that’s full of flavour. When I’m looking for a quick and tasty dinner this is my go-to meal as it can easily be prepared in 30 minutes.
You’ll love how easy this ground beef and green beans recipe is to throw together. It makes 4 servings, so you can feed the whole family or save leftovers for lunch the next day!
SPICY GREEN BEANS WITH GROUND BEEF
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion Sliced
- 2 Tsps Ginger and Garlic Paste
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder
- ¼ Tsp Ground Turmeric
- ½ Cup Passata
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Potatoes Cubed (Optional)
- 500g Ground Beef Mince
- 300g Green Beans
- Wash and trim green beans. Chop into 3cm length.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until starting to brown.
- Add ginger and garlic, cumin, coriander, garam masala, chilli powder and ground turmeric.
- Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until fragrant then add the passata and salt to taste and cook for a further 5 mins adding a bit of water if needed.
- At this stage you can air fry the potatoes if using for 10 mins. If you do not have an air fryer then just add the potatoes with the mince.
- Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for about 15 mins or until cooked through.
- Add green beans and cook, covered, for no more than 5 mins as you do not want the green beans to go grey.
- Serve hot with basmati rice.