This recipe is an easy side dish that can be adapted for year-round eating, using whichever delicious seasonal vegetables you have on hand.
These veggies can also take the center stage when served with other grilled fare, like steak, chicken or fish or bask in their heartiness and enjoy them as a vegetarian main course.
It’s loaded with spice, garlic, and balsamic glaze so it’s fragrant, while also having a nice kick to it, which makes some amazing spicy grilled vegetables! They just need about 15 minutes in the oven then pull remove and serve with a delicious minty yoghurt sauce and some soft naan or pita bread!
What Veggies Work Best?
While almost any veggie can be skewered and grilled, these are my favourite vegetables for kebabs:
Mixed Colour Peppers
Do I Need to Soak Wooden Skewers Before Grilling?
Yes! To prevent the dry and brittle wood from burning on a hot grill, you’ll need to soak them in water first for about 30 min.
- 2 Tsps Curry Powder
- 2 Tbles Olive Oil
- 2 Tbles Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbles Tomato Paste
- Salt to Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the Vegetable Skewers
- 3 Baby Marrows Thickly Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper Cut into Thick Chunks
- 1 Yellow Pepper Cut into Thick Chunks
- 1 Medium Eggplant Cut into Thick Chunks
- 6 Medium Sized Skewers, Soaked in Water if Wooden
- 1 Cup Thick Double Cream Yoghurt
- 2 Tbles Chopped Mint
- Salt to Taste
- Warm Naan or Pita Bread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Put all the chopped veggies into a large bowl and coat well with the marinade.
- Divide the veggies evenly between 6 wooden skewers which have been soaked in water for about 30 mins
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15- 20 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
- Mix the yoghurt dressing ingredients together and place them into a bowl.
- Place the warmed naan onto a wooden board and top with the roasted veggie skewers.
- Serve the yoghurt dressing on the side.