Mini tortillas are pressed into a muffin pan and baked into a crisp cup to hold the chicken filling. These crunchy, cheesy, chicken-filled tortilla shells perfect for entertaining as you can prep the filling a day or two ahead of time.
SPICY CHICKEN TORTILLA CUPS
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: South African
- 500 Gr Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 Tsps Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbles Spicy Chicken Braai Spice
- ½ Green Pepper Finely Diced
- 1 Onion Finely Diced
- 4 Tbles Piquante Peppers Chopped
- ¼ Cup Chopped Coriander
- ½ Cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 100 Gr Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 50 Gr Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 24 Cocktail Sized Tortillas
- Chopped Chives for Garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray 2 x12 hole muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Gently press one tortilla into each muffin cup.
- Steam the chicken breast fillets with garlic and chicken braai spice.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and place in a bowl
- Add the Chopped green peppers,chopped onion,piquante peppers, chopped coriander and sweet chilli sauce and mix well together.
- Add about 1 Tbles of chicken filling to each cup.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 mins or until lightly golden brown.
- Garnish with some chopped chives.