Whether your parties are low-key affairs you can create simple, but stylish, party food!
Super easy finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons are required for these easy-to-pick-up party foods.
Parties don’t have to be all about fried and fattening foods.
These Smashed Potatoes with Spicy Guacamole are the perfect addition to any party table!
- 1 kg of baby potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- salt taste
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- a small handful of coriander, finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 small ripe tomato chopped
- • Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water and add some salt.
- • Place the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, until they are fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain potatoes and let cool for a few minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Take a few muffin pans and place some cupcake paper cups into the muffin pans.
- Place a potato into each hole and crush it lightly with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and a drop of olive oil.
- Bake potatoes until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the muffin pans once they have cooled.
- While potatoes are cooling, make the guacamole.
- Cut avocado, remove flesh.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (The guacamole should be a little chunky, so don't mash too much.)
- Then add all of the remaining guacamole ingredients and mix together.
- Just before serving, place a large teaspoonful of guacamole on top of each potato.