This colourful Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bake is a delicious healthy meal which has an array of Mediterranean flavours. It’s an easy to make vegetarian dinner and works well as a main or a side dish. If you want it to be vegan just omit the cheese.
ROASTED VEG AND QUINOA BAKE
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
- 500 gr Butternut Cubed
- 2 Red Peppers Cubed
- 2 Red Onions Cubed
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tbles Balsamic Glaze
- 2 Tbles Olive Oil
- 100 Gr Quinoa
- 1 400 Gr Can Cannellini Beans
- 2 Handsful of Torn Baby Spinach
- 100 Gr Feta Cheese, cut into small cubes
- Pre-heat the oven to180°C
- Season Butternut, Red Peppers, Chopped Onion and garlic with salt and freshly ground pepper, add balsamic glaze and mix well with the olive oil.
- Place in the oven for approx 25-30 minutes, until roasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once the veggies are roasted, remove from the oven and add the quinoa, cannellini beans, and torn baby spinach. Grind in some extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Finally, add the cubed feta. You can either mix it through or add it on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 -25 minutes.