This recipe is so simple, it’s packed with flavour and a great way to switch up your usual pasta dishes! 30 minutes is all it takes and this delicious flavourful tomato orzo can be yours!
ROASTED TOMATO ORZO PASTA
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
- 200g Baby Rosa Tomatoes
- 250Gr Orzo Pasta
- 3 Tbles Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves Finely Sliced
- 200 Gr Mushrooms Chopped
- ½ Red Onion finely Chopped
- ½ Small Green Pepper Finely Diced
- ½ Small Yellow Pepper Finely Diced
- 1-2 Tbles Lemon Juice
- Salt to Taste
- 1Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Handful Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Place the baby rosa tomatoes on a baking tray with a nice glug of oil, salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix until coated and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil some salted water in a pan and cook orzo according to packet instructions.
- While the orzo is boiling heat the olive in a sauté pan on medium heat and add the finely chopped garlic. Cook until fragrant and soft, then add the mushrooms, red onion and coloured peppers.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and chilli flakes cook for a few more minutes.
- Reserve ¼ of the pasta water and then drain the orzo.
- Add the drained orzo to the stir-fried veg along with the orzo water and give it a good stir until evenly coated.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and add to the orzo, stir and add more salt and pepper if needed
- Stir through the chopped basil and serve!