This tasty roasted pumpkin and spinach bake makes an ideal mid-week dinner. It’s light, quick and easy to prepare and tastes awesome!
ROASTED PUMPKIN AND SPINACH BAKE
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
This tasty roasted pumpkin and spinach bake makes an ideal mid-week dinner. It's light, quick and easy to prepare and tastes awesome!
- • 600g Pumpkin
- • Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- • Olive Oil
- • 1 Red Onion sliced
- • 1 Red Pepper cubed
- • 2 Cloves Garlic
- • ½ tsp. Chilli Flakes
- • 300 gr English Baby Spinach
- • 250gr Creme Fraiche
- • Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium sized chunks, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Roast in the oven for approx 30 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, stir fry the onion, garlic, chilli flakes, salt and red pepper with a little olive oil until just soft and translucent. About 5 mins.
- Add the spinach and stir through until just wilted.
- Combine the roasted pumpkin and the spinach mix into a baking dish.
- Spoon the creme fraiche over the vegetables and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds
- Bake for approx 30 minutes and serve hot.