A delicious and filling salad made with walnuts, dried cranberries, goats cheese and a simple vinaigrette. Perfect to serve between seasons as it can be served warm or cold!
Roasted Butternut Salad
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: South African
A delicious salad made with walnuts, dried cranberries, goats cheese and a simple vinaigrette. Perfect to serve between the seasons as it can be served warm or cold!
- 750g Butternut, Peeled and Cubed
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbles Balsamic Glaze
- 2 Handfuls of Fresh Washed Baby Salad Leaves
- 150 gr Goats Cheese Lightly Crumbled
- ½ Cup Cranberries
- Handful of Walnuts Lightly Toasted
- ¼ Cup Apple Juice
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Pinch of Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C.
- Cook the butternut in a large pot of salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes or until soft but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Gently toss the butternut with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and transfer to a greased baking tray.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To serve, lay salad leaves on a serving platter, then layer over the butternut, cheese, cranberries and nuts.
- Drizzle over vinaigrette just before serving.
- Mix the apple juice, balsamic vinegar, sweet chilli sauce,chilli flakes if using and salt together and pour over the salad just before serving.