This Spicy Prawn Rice Bowl is a perfect complete meal in a bowl. Whip up this delicious meal which combines juicy prawns with mouth-watering flavours of rice, chickpeas and veggies and seasoned with aromatic spices and herbs. The dish is so flavourful and one of the easiest meals to prepare for a quick tasty family dinner.
PRAWN RICE BOWL
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, Finely Sliced
- 1Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsps Chilli Flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
- About 500g Large Prawns Peeled
- 1 Medium Red Pepper Cubed
- 200Gr Fine Green Beans Halved
- 1 400Gr Can Chickpeas Drained
- 4 Cups Cooked Brown Basmati Rice
- ½ Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbles Lime Juice
- Salt to Taste
- Freshly Chopped Coriander
- Heat oil in a large non stick pot or wok.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the turmeric, paprika, garlic and chilli and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the prawns, red pepper, green beans, chickpeas and rice and cook until heated through.
- Pour in the stock and lime juice and add salt if needed.
- Cook on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes taking care that the rice does not burn at the bottom of the pot.
- Serve hot scattered with the coriander and lemon wedges on the side.