Cold frosty mornings call for hot creamy gluten-free porridge with a difference. A delicious bowl of vegan awesomeness for breakfast. It makes a delicious and nutritious alternative to your traditional oatmeal porridge.
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: South African
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Polenta
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Berries and Citrus Segments, for Topping
- Toasted Nuts, for Topping
- Honey, for Topping
- Combine the polenta, milk, water, polenta and salt in a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat stirring continuously until it starts to bubble.
- Reduce the heat, stirring until the polenta thickens – this will take up to 15 minutes or so, depending on how coarse the polenta is. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, if using.
- Divide between bowls and top with fruit, toasted nuts and honey, and serve hot