Whether you’re trying to add more fish to your diet, or just looking for a tasty quick and easy dinner that will deliver on flavour and nutrition, this pan-seared fish recipe with veggies and butter beans is your go-to meal. Drizzled with our Chilli and Lime Coriander Pesto it’s just so delicious.
PAN-SEARED FISH with ROASTED TOMATOES, WHITE BEANS and CORIANDER PESTO
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
- 300g Baby Rosa Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 Cups Butter Beans Cooked
- 1 Large Red Onion Thickly Sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbles Balsamic Glaze
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 100Gr Baby Spinach
- 4 x 100Gr Fish Fillets (I used Kingklip)
- Olive Oil for Frying
- Chilli and Lime Coriander Pesto for Garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Add the baby tomatoes, cooked butter beans, sliced red onion, and garlic to an ovenproof dish. Season well with salt and pepper and mix through the olive oil, balsamic glaze and lemon juice.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes begins to caramelise.
- Remove from the oven and stir the baby spinach through the warm mixture until it begins to wilt.
- Keep warm in the oven while preparing the fish.
- Ensure that the fish fillets are dry before seasoning well l with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle a little more oil over the fillets, just enough to coat both sides.
- When the pan is hot, sear the fillets, skin-side down, and fry for 3 minutes without moving, then turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide the roasted tomato and bean mixture and divide between 4 plates. Top with the fillets and drizzle with coriander pesto.