This is a simple and delicious, light and fluffy no-mixer-required moist citrus-flavoured cake which is so delicious with or without frosting.
Made with freshly squeezed orange juice this is a super easy cake to make, as all the ingredients are just blended together and then baked…an absolute must for afternoon tea!
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Dessert
This is a simple and delicious, light and fluffy no-mixer-required moist citrus-flavoured cake which is so delicious with or without frosting. Made with freshly squeezed orange juice this is a super easy cake to make, as all the ingredients are just blended together and then baked...an absolute must for afternoon tea!
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1 cups Castor sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 20g butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbles Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a medium sized Bundt pan or plain round baking pan with spray and cook and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the castor sugar
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, vanilla extract and oil together.
- Add to the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden on top, and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely, then remove from the pan and ice as desired.
- To make the orange icing, use a wooden spoon to beat the icing sugar, butter and orange juice in a bowl until smooth. Place the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the icing is just warm. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Pour over the icing. Set aside until set. Decorate with the candied oranges and nuts.