Mielie or Corn bread is definitely a part the of the South African Rainbow Cuisine!There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread! This recipe is so moist and simple to make.
Delicious with cream cheese and avo or just butter and honey or our delicious mielie soup!
- 2½ cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbles.Sugar
- ½ cup Sunflower Oil
- 3 Eggs beaten
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 410gr can Cream Style Corn
- Freshly Chopped Chives (optional)
- Beat eggs,oil and sugar well.
- Add buttermilk and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour,,salt and chives if using and mix in, alternately with sweetcorn.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 50 minutes.
- Leave a few minutes in pan and turn out to cool off.