Instead of buying sweet chilli sauce, try making this easy low carb recipe! It only takes a few minutes to put together with a few simple ingredients.
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ½ cup grape vinegar
- ¼ cup sweetner of your choice (I use xylitol)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic flakes
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp xantum gum
- Place all ingredients except the xantum gum in a sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the xantum gum over the mixture very quickly.
- Stir to incorporate and continue stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
Will keep in the refrigerator for about a week.