There was almost nothing I missed about the world of carbs but, as with everything, it’s the little things that matter most. I missed enjoying a slice of toast for breakfast. The closest I could find was Gabi’s World Famous Bread If you’re a low carber who’s missing the simple pleasure of a slice of bread you will love this bread. I have adapted her recipe as I am not a fan of soy flour. Hope you enjoy my version which makes about 18 slices and about 4 net carbs per slice.
LOW CARB BREAD
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Baking
Cuisine: Low Carb
- 1 10gr pkt. instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp sugar *
- 1½ tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbles xylitol
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 1⅛ cups warm water
- 3 tbles olive oil
*The sugar is totally consumed by the yeast and does not contribute to the carb count.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and water to the dry ingredients and knead well or place into your food processor and process until smooth.
- Spray and cook a small loaf pan (21cm x 11cm) and put dough directly into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle some mixed seeds over the top and leave in a warm draft free place for about an hour. It should rise to about twice it's original size.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes depending on your oven.