These Keto Blueberry Muffins made without any butter or oil are so tender and moist you’ll never believe they are healthy and gluten-free!
KETO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Baking
Cuisine: South African
- 3 Cups Almond Meal (See Notes)
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Greek Yoghurt
- Lemon Zest, Grated from 1 Lemon
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Xylitol
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1Cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Blend the eggs for a few minutes until they are frothy.
- Add the wet ingredients - sour cream, greek yoghurt, zest and vanilla extract and blend.
- Add the dry ingredients - almond meal, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, xylitol, salt and blend until combined.
- The batter will appear quite runny but it will thicken after a few minutes.
- Fill the batter into 15 paper muffin cups (or a silicone muffin tray) and add the blueberries. Push some inside the batter and leave some on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Almond meal is prepared from almonds with their skins intact resulting in a darker, more dense but equally delicious product.