South Africans love Fish Cakes and it makes an excellent simple meal when accompanied by a green salad or some roasted vegetables. This low carb version contains no bread and is delicious when served with my low carb sweet chilli sauce
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
- 600gr White Fish Steamed and Flaked
- 1 Onion Finely Diced
- Handful of Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Green Chilli Sliced
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Tbles Coconut Flour
- 4 Tbles Coconut Oil for Frying
- Blitz all the ingredients besides the fish in a food processor. Whizz for a about a minute until the ingredients are well blended.
- Add the steamed fish that has been cooled and blend for about another minute.
- Remove from the processor and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Shape into round discs
- Heat the coconut oil and shallow fry over medium heat.
- Fry until crisp and lightly golden turning once during cooking.
- Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on paper towels
- Repeat the process with the remaining fish cakes.
- Serve hot or cold with homemade sweet chilli sauce.
Ensure that all the water has been drained from the steamed fish before adding it to the rest of the ingredients