Who doesn’t love a good sandwich! Sometimes an egg salad sandwich can be a boring, bland, mayo-laden affair. But when made properly, egg salad can be so delicious! The Dijon mustard in this egg salad just brightens the flavour.
How Long Will Egg Salad Last?
To Store. Once made, healthy egg salad will keep in the refrigerator for two to three days.
How to Boil Eggs For Egg Salad
Place the eggs in a pot in a single layer, and fill the pot with enough cold water so that it covers the eggs by about 3cm. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water. This is the best trick for helping the eggs to peel really easily. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, then remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
Carefully pour out the hot water; place the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs. Drain and refill with cold water; let stand until the eggs are room temperature, about 10 minutes.
Gently crack the eggs all over and peel under running water. Then dry the eggs and chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6Tbles Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsps Dijon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½Tsp Chilli Flakes ( For Some heat) Optional
- ¼ Cup Dill Chopped
- 6 Slices Sourdough Bread Served Opened Faced
- Micro Greens and Baby Rosa Tomatoes to Serve
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs with 3cm of water. Leave the pan uncovered. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat. Depending on how cooked you like your hard-boiled eggs, the eggs should be done perfectly after sitting for 10 minutes. Immediately transfer eggs to a bowl filled with ice and water and cool. Peel the eggs as you run them under cold water.
- Coarsely chop the eggs in a medium-sized bowl and set them aside.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the Dijon mustard, salt and chilli flakes. Add more seasonings to taste if needed.
- Mix the mayonnaise into the mashed eggs and add the chopped dill.
- Toast the bread and spread with butter if desired. Divide the egg salad evenly among the 4 pieces of bread and top with micro and baby tomatoes if desired.