Melt-in-your-mouth thinly cut tender steak meets with colourful rainbow peppers swirled in the most delicious sweet and sour sauce! This quick and easy restaurant style meal will be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
EASY STIR FRY PEPPER STEAK
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
- 500 Gr Rump Steak, Thinly Sliced Against the Grain
- ¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbles Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbles Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbles Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbles Cornflour
- 1 Tbles Sugar
- 1 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsps Ginger and Garlic Paste
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup Mixed Green and Red Peppers Sliced in Julienne Slices
- 1 Large White Onion Sliced
- 4 Tbles Oil Divided
- ½ cup Beef Stock
- Slice beef into ¼ inch strips. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hot sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornflour, sugar, black pepper, ginger, and garlic, and salt. Whisk to combine. Marinate the steak strips in this sauce and set aside for at least an hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add in beef and toss until seared, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add in another 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add in peppers and onions. Cook in the wok until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add meat back into the wok. Add in as much beef stock as needed to make a nice thick sauce. Stir and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve hot with rice or chinese noodles.