When the craving for a yummy treat becomes almost unbearable, there is always a way to substitute the traditional ingredients with healthier substitutes without compromising on taste. Try these Date and Peanut Butter Power Bites today, you won’t be sorry.
If you’ve never made your own energy power bites, before, I highly recommend you start with this recipe. This is a virtually fool-proof recipe that quick and easy to make, but so delicious.
Have one or two power bites before your workout for maximum and sustained energy.
An easy on the go snack with added protein from the chia seeds and lots of fibre, which means they keep you full and satisfied it make for the ultimate healthy workout snack!
As South Africans, we are always on the go and these are perfect for school lunches, hikes or during sports matches as this healthy, yummy snack travels well.
No added sugar – these peanut butter and chocolate power bites are only sweetened with dates.
They taste amazing – these vegan power bites taste like a decadent treat, but they’re really nutritious and so easy to make.
The other wonderful thing about these little power bites is that they are easily changeable. If you don’t like peanut butter, exchange it for cashew, almond or macadamia butter. It will be equally good.
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates, (soaked in warm water)
- ½ Cup Toasted, Chopped Pecans
- ¼ Cup Desiccated Coconut (Toasted)
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Good Pinch of Sea Salt
- Add peanut butter, cocoa powder, dates, chopped pecans, coconut, chia seeds and salt in a food processor fitted with the S-shaped blade. Process until mixture is well combined and sticking together.
- Form balls: Once the mixture is combined, use your hands to form the dough into balls, using about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each ball. Enjoy right away or store for later.