A simple creamy soup made with coconut milk and spiced with curry.
Perfect to enjoy with family and friends!
Curried Cauliflower and Soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
A simple creamy soup made with coconut milk and spiced with curry. Perfect to enjoy with family and friends!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp.of your favourite curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ½ tsp.red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- Salt to taste.
- 3 cups vegetable stock or more if needed
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds for garnishing
- Fresh chives or coriander to garnish.
- In a stock pot heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 6-7 minutes, until the onions begin to soften. Stir in curry powder,cumin powder,coriander powder and red chilli flakes if using and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stock and salt if needed and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender until smooth, and then return the soup to the pot. (Alternatively, use a stick blender to purée the soup in the pot.)
- Stir in the coconut milk and gently warm through the soup.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a handful of toasted almonds, and your favourite herbs.
To toast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 180°C and lay flaked almonds out on a baking sheet in a nice flat layer. Toast for 5-6 minutes until lightly toasted.