This easy, Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food! Full of flavour and ultra-creamy, this is the only recipe you’ll ever need.
CREAMY MAC AND CHEESE
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
- 250 Gr Elbow Noodles (Cooked and Drained)
- 60 Gr Butter
- ¼ Cup Flour
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- ½ Tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ Dry Mustard
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 2 Cups Hot Milk
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 Baby Tomatoes Sliced
- ½ Cup Cheese for Topping
- In a medium-sized pot melt the butter. Add flour, salt and freshly ground pepper, garlic paste and mustard powder and stir to create a roux. Stir over medium heat for one minute to let flour and butter settle together.
- Slowly add about the hot milk a little bit at a time in order to create a smooth creamy sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and once mixed through add the 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Check the seasoning and add more if needed.
- Stir in cooked macaroni.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and top with sliced tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F for about 15 minutes or until cheese has melted on top.