A delicious creamy vegetable soup that’s full of flavour and so comforting in the cold winter months!
Creamy leek and cauliflower soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 4 tbles (60 ml) butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 400gr leeks, well washed and finely sliced
- 400gr cauliflower cut into small florets
- 750ml stock, either chicken or vegetable
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 300ml full cream milk
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Cream (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large pan and add the onions,leeks and cauliflower.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Add milk and cook very gently over a low heat for 5-10 mins.
- Reheat gently and stir in the cream if using and serve.
- Garnish with chopped chives
Please follow and like us: