Soup is so comforting in winter. If you are looking for a quick soup recipe with plenty of flavor give this a try! It’s delicious!
Serve with crusty ciabatta bread sticks .
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
Soup is so comforting in winter. If you are looking for a quick soup recipe with plenty of flavor give this a try! It's delicious! Serve with crusty ciabatta bread sticks from Woolies.
- • 3 Chicken breasts chopped into small cubes
- • 2 tbles butter
- • 1 onion chopped
- • 3 cloves chopped garlic
- • 400gr mixed mushrooms coarsely chopped
- • 1 tsp chilli flakes
- • Salt to taste
- • 3 cups chicken stock
- • 2 cups full cream milk
- • 2 tbles cornflour
- • Chopped coriander to garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and chopped garlic cloves and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until onion soft and translucent.
- Add chicken and chilli flakes.
- Cook for approx.10 minutes
- Add coarsely chopped mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add stock which has been combined with cornflour and stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Once chicken is soft add milk and simmer very slowly for another 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly
- Season with salt if needed
- Garnish with chopped coriander.