If you are looking for a soup full of nutrients and a deliciously easy recipe then you will love this soup. In South Africa we call Courgettes, baby marrows which is the star ingredient in this recipe.
I have also added baby spinach which is very nutritious and also very high in a compound called oxalic acid. Oxalic acid is found in many leafy green vegetables that may inhibit the absorption of minerals during digestion. This soup is a great way of using a lot of delectable healthy spinach in one dish. Finished off with creamy coconut milk it’s comfy, healthy, homely and you can make it in just over 30 minutes! This recipe is so easy to make and yet it’s so flavourful. When you need a warm bowl of comfort this is the perfect soup to warm up your soul!
How to Make This Courgette Soup Recipe:
Saute: Add the chopped onion and cook until it softens and becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the courgettes giving it a good stir for a few minutes.
Combine the Soup: Add the stock and the salt and the red chilli flakes and bring to a boil for approx. 15-20 minutes.
Add the spinach, together with the coconut milk and let it for ± 2 minutes.
Blend the Soup: Remove from the heat and use a hand blender to puree the soup until creamy and smooth.
Finish the Soup: Adjust the seasoning if needed and reheat gently without boiling.
Serve: Serve hot with a crusty loaf.
- 3 Tbles Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Finely Sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
- 400 Gr Courgettes
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- Salt to Taste
- ½ - 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 200 Gr Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Sautee the onions in a large pot with the olive oil until soft and translucent before adding the chopped garlic and the courgettes giving it a good stir for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and the salt and red Chilli Flakes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for ± 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach, together with the coconut milk and let it wilt for ± 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed and re-heat gently without boiling.