This Colourful Asian Slaw with Ginger and Peanut Dressing is so Delicious!
COLOURFUL SLAW WITH GINGER & PEANUTS
Author: Cooking from the Heart
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: South African
- ¼ Cup Olive or Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp Red Grape or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tsp Finely Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Small Red Chilli, Seeded and Finely Chopped, or to Taste (Optional)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Coriander or Parsley Chopped
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Unsalted Peanuts
- Lemon Juice and Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 Cups Each Shredded White and Red Cabbage
- 1 Large Spinach Leaf, Shredded
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Coarsely Grated
- ¼ Cucumber, Quartered and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Medium Pineapple, Quartered and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Celery Stalk with the Leaves, Thinly Sliced
- ½ Red or Green Pepper, Seeded, Quartered and Thinly Sliced
- Stir all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the slaw ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and toss well.
- Allow salad to stand for 10 - 15 minutes before serving it.
- This will allow the salad to marinate.
- Serve slaw as a side dish at a braai.
- This dressing can be used as a marinade for fish, chicken or veggies.
- Add toasted coconut to the dressing instead of the peanuts.
- Serve with steak or leftover braaied chicken in whole-wheat rolls or pitas.