A delicious healthy Fruit Fondue with a yummy chocolate dipping sauce.
Author: Cooking from the Heart
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: South Africa
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Milk
- 80 Gr Good Quality Dark Chocolate, Broken into Pieces
- 2Tsps Sugar
- 1 Tbles Cornflour
- 1 Tbles Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Small Fruit Skewers Per Person, Apple, Pear, Papaya, Citrus, Banana or Strawberries
- 12 - 18 Marshmallows, Toasted over the Coals, if Preferred
- 12 - 18 Tennis or Marie Biscuits to Dip
- Place milk, chocolate and sugar in a small pot. Heat over low heat, while stirring all the time, to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar.
- Mix cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon with 2 tbsp water to form a smooth paste without lumps.
- Add some of the warm milk mixture to the paste and stir well. Stir back into the milk mixture in the pot.
- Stir continuously over medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Spoon into a warm bowl.
- Dip fruit or some of the other suggested ingredients in the warm chocolate sauce.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools down. Just stir in a tablespoon of boiling water to thin it down again.
- The chocolate sauce can also be served with ice cream. Only use 2 tsp (10 ml) cornflour and prepare as above.
- The recipe will then serve 8 - 10.