Chicken à la King is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a delicious cream sauce.
It is quick and so easy to make.
Chicken ala king
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Chicken à la King is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce. It is quick and so easy to make.
- 600gr diced cooked chicken that has been steamed until soft with salt, garlic and chilli flakes
- 3 tbles butter for frying
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 250gr mushrooms sliced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper diced into cubes
- 3 tbles cornflour
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- splash of cream (optional)
- In a pan on a medium heat, add butter and cook the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and braise for about 5 mins.
- Add the cornflour and cook for a minute or two stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add the milk and stock which have been mixed together slowly and stir constantly.Bring to the boil and stir until smooth and creamy. About 5 minutes
- Taste the sauce for seasoning then add the chicken and cook for a further 10 mins or until just cooked through.
- Stir through cream if using and serve hot.
- Serve with pasta or fluffy white rice and a side salad.