Always keep a few cans of tuna on hand- it’s a great source of protein and so versatile. Try this tasty stuffed sweet potato recipe with corn, tuna and sundried tomatoes and serve as a light lunch or a quick and easy dinner.
CHEESY TUNA AND SUNDRIED TOMATO BAKED SWEET POTATO
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
Always keep a few cans of tuna on hand- it’s a great source of protein and so versatile. Try this tasty stuffed sweet potato recipe with corn tuna and sundried tomatoes and serve as a light lunch or a quick and easy dinner.
- 6 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 170gr Can Tuna Drained
- 4 Tbles Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup of Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbles Chopped Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and trim the top and the bottom so that it sits flat on the baking tray.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto an oven tray, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until tender (test with a pointed knife in the side). Remove from the oven, and when cool enough to handle, very carefully scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1 cm in the skin.
- Mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork, and add the corn, tuna, mayonnaise, sundried tomatoes, paprika, chopped coriander and extra salt if needed. Place the sweet potato shells back onto an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Spoon the tuna mixture into the sweet potato shells.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set and golden.
Serve immediately, with salad or steamed green vegetables