Rich and creamy our cauliflower and courgette soup is perfect for when you don’t feel like spending hours at the stove. It’s a flavourful, healthy soup with a lusciously smooth texture.
CAULIFLOWER AND COURGETTE SOUP
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: South African
- 2 Tbles Butter
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 400 Gr Courgettes Cubed
- 400 Gr Cauliflower Cut into Florets
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- 750ml Vegetable Stock
- 125ml Cream
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and sautè until soft and translucent.
- Add the courgettes and the cauliflower florets. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the vegetables in a blender adding the spinach directly into the blender with the soup. Pour the blended soup back into the saucepan and stir in the cream. Serve hot or cold, garnished with black pepper and extra salt if needed.