Carrot and Coriander work so well together!
Here is a lovely warming soup made with whole and fresh coriander!
Perfect for those chilly autumn and winter months!
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Appetizer
Carrot and Coriander work so well together! Here is a lovely warming soup made with ground and fresh coriander! Perfect for those chilly autumn and winter months!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbles crushed coriander seeds
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 1 400ml can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large handful coriander chopped
- Splash of cream
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, chopped garlic and crushed coriander seeds.
- Cook until the onions are soft then add the carrots.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth.
- Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and cream if using and serve.