One of my favourite salads to make during South Africa’s summer months is this black bean and corn salad.
Fresh juicy mangoes, green peppers, corn, rosa tomatoes, red onion and refreshing mint, makes it feel like a salad lover’s dream.
Fresh ingredients are tossed into a tasty sweet and sour dressing that is irresistible!
The red chilli flakes add a slight bite but feel free to omit it if you would prefer a milder version.
This is a refreshing and delicious summer salad which is easy to make and delicious served with grilled chicken or salmon. It is also ideal for entertaining because you can make it ahead of time.
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Beans – 1 400 Gr can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained.
Corn –Feel free to use frozen or fresh if you’d prefer! Today I used frozen corn.
Veggies –Tomatoes, Green Peppers. Firm Mango and Red Onion
Herbs – Fresh Coriander and Mint chopped up.
Seasoning – Salt and Chilli Flakes
For the Dressing – Olive Oil, Lime Juice, Honey and Salt
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 400gr Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Baby Tomatoes Quartered
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Cubed
- 1 Large Firm Mango Peeled and Cubed
- 1 Medium Red Onion Finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup Coriander Chopped
- ¼ Cup Mint Chopped
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- 3 Tbles Olive Oil
- 3 Tbles Lime Juice
- 2 Tsps Honey
- Salt to Taste
- Thaw corn in a microwave-safe bowl for about 2 minutes.
- Toss corn with black beans, tomatoes, green pepper, mango, onion, coriander , mint and chilli flakes if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve Cold.