If, like Grace, you love soaking up the long summer days but prefer the cooler embrace of the evening for your picnic, this is the perfect cocktail for you. Using the floral and herbed notes from the garden gives the perfect balance between sweet and strong – not to mention it is far more refreshing on a sweltering summers eve.
BERRY FRUITY COCKTAIL
Author: Grace Stevens
- 45ml Rum
- 250ml Berry Juice
- 5ml Chambord (or any raspberry liquer)
- 100ml Sparkling Lemonade
- 120Gr Frozen Strawberries
- Handful of Ice Cubes
- 90Gr Fresh Raspberries
- A Few Sprigs of Thyme
- Mix the rum, berry juice, Chambord and sparkling lemonade in a chilled jug and set aside.
- In a blender, place the ice and the frozen strawberries and blend for a short few bursts. Don’t allow the fruit to get too small.
- Half fill two glasses with the frozen berries.
- Fill the glass with the cocktail, top off with raspberries and a sprig of thyme.
- Serve immediately