If your bananas are going brown and soft, don’t throw them out – just freeze them, in their skins, and when you have a little spare time you can defrost them and make this easy peasy absolutely moist banana bread!
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Bakery
- 3 ripe bananas, (about 1 cup)mashed with ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- toasted coconut flakes for garnishing
- No mixer is required for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar and the beaten eggs.
- Add the bicarb,baking powder,salt,cinnamon,flour and the pecans if using over the mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
- Bake for approx.40-60 minutes