If you are striving to look for nutritious vegetarian recipes then this recipe is for you. Banish aubergine preparation anxiety with this easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Aubergine served with cumin rice. Aubergine is also an excellent meat substitute as they have a meaty, hearty, smoky flavour.
Everyone enjoys a colourful plate, after all, we eat with our eyes and the more colours you add the healthier it becomes.
Air fryer aubergine can be used in the preparation of any aubergine dishes instead of fried aubergine. No need to salt the aubergine beforehand. This cuts down the cooking time and makes for a fast and easy aubergine dish that can be made in minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Medium Sized Aubergines Cut in Half Lengthwise Stems in Tact
Salt and Black Pepper
Crushed Coriander Powder
Chilli Powder or Paprika
Why make Aubergine in the Air Fryer?
By cooking the aubergine in the air fryer you are guaranteed to have an extra crispy exterior, while still remaining soft in the middle.
No messy dishes or multiple mixing bowls. All you do is add it to the air fryer!
Traditional oven-baked aubergine would take at least 30 minutes but when made in the air fryer, it takes less than 10 minutes!
No excessive use of oil is needed but you’ll still get that golden and crunchy exterior.
- 3 Aubergines Cut in Half Lengthwise Stems in Tact
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tsps Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Juice of 1 Medium Sized Lemon
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Plain Yoghurt
- ¼ Cup Chopped Mint
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Arils
- Use a sharp knife to make a 1cm criss-cross pattern on the inside of each aubergine.
- In a bowl place the cut aubergines. Rub the salt, freshly ground pepper, coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder together with the lemon juice and the olive oil making sure that spices and the oil gets into the grooves.
- Put the aubergine in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the aubergineat 200°C for 10 minutes or until soft and slightly charred on top.
- Serve the roasted aubergines on top of cumin rice, drizzle with yoghurt,
- chopped mint and pomegranate arils.