This impressive salad is perfect to serve as a light lunch or as a side for dinner.
The natural flavours from the veg mixed with the basil and the vinegarette dressing creates a delightful flavour.
- 2 medium red onions cut in wedges
- 750gr pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 2 brinjals cubed
- 1 400ml canned lentils
- 1 small punnet baby rosa tomatoes halved
- 1 punnet basil
- 250ml ina paarman lime and coriander dressing
- 2 rounds of feta cheese cubed
- handful of roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Arrange pumpkin, brinjals and onions in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil,salt and black pepper and roast for 45mins-1 hr or until tender.
- Stir through the lentils.
- Roast tomatoes in the coriander dressing for about 8-10mins.
- Arrange the basil on a platter.
- Top with lentils and veggies.
- Spoon the roasted tomatoes and dressing over the veggies.
- Arrange feta over the tomatoes and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds and serve.
Serve with Tandoori Chicken