With so much snoek in the Cape waters, few tastes capture Cape Town as tastefully as smoked snoek pâté.
It makes it a common dish for those living in and around Cape Town and along the coast.
It’s usually best eaten with crackers or melba toast!
- 200 g smoked snoek
- 250 ml tub smooth cottage cheese *
- ¼ cup good quality mayonaise*
- 1 small onion finely chopped*
- 2 tbles finely chopped fresh coriander*
- ¼ tsp chilli powder*
- Salt to taste
- Remove skin and bones from the snoek.
- Flake the fish.
- Blitz all the * ingredients in a food processor.
- After a few turns add the snoek as you dont want the snoek to be too fine.
- Mix until just blended.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.