Some recipes are so good that it just seems to go from generation to generation!
This simple, but delicious recipe for Saffron Cake is one! It’s so light and moist and one of the most popular cakes that I make!
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 11/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- ¼ teas cardomom powder
- good pinch on saffron threads
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of milk
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Boil milk,saffron threads and cardomom powder until heated through! This can also be done in the microwave .
- Sift the self raising flour together with the baking powder
- Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add oil gradually while whipping.
- Fold in the flour mix lightly with a metal spoon
- Gently fold in the cooled milk mix
- Pour into a well greased medium sized loaf tin and sprinkle the top of the cake with slivered pistachios or almonds
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.