There’s nothing like a hot tasty soup to warm you up your insides on a stormy Cape night!
Pumpkin & Coriander Soup
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Soup
There's nothing like a hot tasty soup to warm you up your insides on a stormy Cape night!
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 30ml butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 2 tsps crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- salt to taste.
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 60ml chopped fresh coriander leaves
- greek yoghurt (optional)
- Melt the butter, add the onion and fry till soft and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, curry powder,red chilli flakes and crushed coriander seeds.
- Add the butternut and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer till tender
- Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the heat and add the remaining ingredients besides the coriander leaves and yoghurt.
- Stir well for 10 mins and simmer until the required consistency is reached and remove from the heat.
- When ready to serve reheat, stir through fresh coriander leaves and serve with a swirl of yoghurt on top!
Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds