Biryani can be quite an effort to make.
Mince biryani cooks quickly and doesn’t require much effort.
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Main
Biryani can be quite an effort to make. Mince biryani cooks quickly and doesn't require much effort.
- 1 kg lean beef mince,
- 2 cups either boiled lentils,fresh peas or mixed
- 2½ cups basmati rice boiled and drain when half
- 2 onions sliced and fried golden brown
- A few potatoes fried until golden brown
- ½ tsp turmeric,
- half cup yoghurt,
- 1 tsp crushed red chillies or chilli powder,
- 2 whole green chillies,
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 pieces whole stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cardomon
- 2 whole cloves
- ¼ tsp saffron,
- 2 large ripe tomatoes skinned and grated
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsps ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tbles melted butter or ghee
- Oil for frying
- Braise mince with garlic/ginger,salt,red
- chillies.coriander & cumin powder
- When almost dry,remove from stove and cool.
- Add the saffron, yoghurt, grated tomato,lemon juice and whole cumin seeds, green chillies,
- cardomon,stick cinnamon and cloves.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Fry onions in the same oil and remove when light golden.
- Drain oil and when cool crush and add to mince.
- Put left over oil in a flat bottom oven proof pot and sprinkle some rice over the oil.
- Place the mince over floor of the pot and
- place potatoes over the mince.
- Add the lentils or veg.
- Lastly add the rice.
- Sprinkle some fried onions and a few tablespoons of melted butter
- Add little cold water steam gently in 180 degrees oven till done (30-45 minutes)
Please follow and like us: