There are lots of Granola recipes out their but if you need some low carb cereal in the morning that fills you up and keeps you healthy, this is the one to try!
- 2 egg whites beaten until frothy
- ¼ cup xylitol
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup currents
- Preheat oven to 120°C
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add xylitol and cinnamon.
- Add nuts,seeds and currents to egg white mixture and mix well.
- Spray and cook an oven tray and spread granola onto the tray.
- Bake approx 11/2-2hrs,stirring every 20 minutes.
Store in an air tight container.
Makes about 4 cups.
Serve with greek yoghurt and berries.