The Japanese word for Vegetable Stir Fry is “Yasai Itame”. Yasai means vegetable and Itame is stir fry.
You can use any kind of vegetables in this recipe.
This version is simple to make and can be served as a snack, appetizer or light meal.
- 200gr small broccoli florets
- 200 gr baby marrows julienned
- 1 large red pepper cubed
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- glug of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbles kikoman soy sauce
- 1 tbles balsamic glaze
- 1 tbles sweet soy sauce
- In a large pan heat olive oil.
- Add grated ginger and sauté for about one minute.
- Add vegetables.
- Combine the balsamic glaze,sweet soy sauce and kikoman soy sauce in a small bowl, then add it to the vegetables.
- Stir fry over a fairly high heat for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.