How about cooking something different this evening!
The wonderful flavours of the Indo-Chinese have made it into the hearts a many world-wide.
The crispness of the vegetables, along with the hot and spicy chicken makes this a winning recipe.
Chilli Chicken caters for everyone’s taste buds with its hot, sweet & sour flavours.
Enjoy this tasty flavourful dish and your biggest worry will be how to stop eating…
- 600gr Boneless Chicken Breasts cubed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps Corn flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion cubed
- 1 Red Pepper cubed
- 1 Green Pepper cubed
- Julienne Carrots (optional)
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 Sprigs Spring Onions cut diagonally
- Marinate the chicken with the salt, corn flour, egg, ginger and garlic, chilli powder and vinegar for at least 60 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the oil and the marinated chicken in a single layer. Fry undisturbed until cooked. Flip the chicken pieces and cook the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add a bit more oil.
- Add the onions, and red and green peppers and julienne carrots if using.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce.
- Stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Add the chicken and cook until the sauce coats the chicken and the vegetables.
- Stir through the chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with noodles, fried rice or steamed rice.