This middle eastern inspired salad made with sumac, chickpeas and lentils is absolutely delicious and super healthy. With it’s fresh and vibrant colours and flavours it is a great crowd pleaser. It can be eaten as a snack, side or light vegetarian meal and it never fails to impress!
Unfamiliar with sumac? The sumac bush is native to the Middle East. Ground sumac is a versatile spice with a tangy lemony flavor.
- 1 tin Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tin Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 Sticks of Celery chopped
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbles Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbles Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sumac
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas and lentils with onions, peppers, olives, celery, garlic, basil and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Dress salad with vinegar and oil, sumac,salt and pepper and toss well.