A traditional yummy super moist carrot cake with a twist!
Carrot and Pineapple Cake
Author: Fazila Olla-Logday
Recipe type: Baking
A traditional yummy super moist carrot cake with a twist
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1¼ cups oil
- 1½ cups castor sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1½ tsps bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 100gr pkt pecan nuts (chopped)
- 1 tin crushed pineapple (drained)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 250gr (2 cups) icing sugar
- 70 g softened butter
- 125gr smooth creamed cottage cheese
- Chopped pecans for decorating
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease two round 20cm baking tins or one 23cm springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, and caster sugar very well. Approx 5 mins.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Gently fold into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the carrots,pineapple and pecan nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan
- Bake at 160°C for 40-45 minutes (insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake which must come out clean)
- Cool the cake in the pan completely before turning it out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Allow it to cool completely before icing.
- Cream butter and gradually add icing sugar until light and fluffy.Add the cream cheese and only mix until the frosting is nice and smooth. Don't over mix as it becomes watery when over mixed - the icing must still look slight lumpy.
- Ice cake when completely cooled.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
Please follow and like us: